Double Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe from Scratch
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning we may receive a small commission at no cost if you purchase through a link.
When I think to double chocolate chip cookies, my mind always goes to chewy, soft and extremely moist chocolate cookies, the ones I use to make at home when I want something extremely comforting and easy to make.
The level of chocolate in these double chocolate chip cookies is insane: there is cocoa powder and there are chocolate chips, a crazy amount of chocolate chips. So basically there’s also some melted chocolate inside, since the chocolate chips partially melt down.
Crazy isn’t it? So crazy that it may sound almost impossible to eat but in reality they’re just a pleasure: not sweet at all, extremely gooey and most of all extremely good. These cookies are perfect for the long winter evenings, but also as a gift for Valentine’s Day or any other day. Did I already say they’re perfection to me?
One of the biggest wow factors of these cookies, is how easy to prepare they are. It’s essentially the same exact recipe I’ve already used for the Chocolate Chip Cookies but with slightly different ingredients so that they can be called Double Chocolate Chip Cookies.
The big secret to prepare these cookies is the temperature of your hands and the utensils you’re going to use: since the ingredients are easy to melt and there’s quite a good amount of butter, it’s good to be sure your hands are not hot and that the bowls and every single piece of equipment you’re going to use is at least at a room temperature. Even better, if you can put your utensils into the refrigerator before using them, the result will be even more astonishing.
They’re perfect as they are but if you want to prepare them for Valentine’s Day or for every other special occasion, you can just use a cookie cutter to give your cookies the shape you like.
Now, let’s move to the recipe of these double chocolate chip cookies but be aware: after this recipe, I’ve added another one to allow you to prepare THE BEST Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough to be eaten while your cookies are cooling.
- 225 grams of softened butter (1 cup)
- 220 grams of brown sugar (1 cup)
- 130 grams of granulated sugar (1/2 cup)
- 2 large eggs
- 150 grams of all-purpose flour (1 cup)
- 150 grams of bitter cocoa powder (1 1/2 cup)
- 1 teaspoon of bicarbonate
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 340 grams of chocolate chips (2 cups)
- Heat the oven to 190°C;
Mix flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in a bowl;
Beat the butter with the sugar, the brown sugar and the vanilla extract in another bowl until the mixture is creamy.
- Add the eggs and beat then, continuing to mix, gradually pouring over the whole dry mixture;
- Finally add the chocolate drops;
- Divide the dough into two loaves and make 2 sausages with a diameter of about 5 cm. Cut the sausage into round biscuits about 2 cm in height;
- Place on a low pan (not greased or buttered) and bake at 190°C for 9-11 minutes. Serve cold.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
If you are planning a relaxing evening at home, I suggest you try this delicious Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough: this is similar to the dough used for preparing the cookies but it’s eaten raw (with some precautions, such as eliminating the eggs and increasing the dose of butter to avoid health problems), with a teaspoon or smeared on bread or, why not, on other chocolate biscuits.
Ingredienti per una small bown of Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon and 1/2 of softened butter
- 2 tablespoons of chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon of water
- 1/8 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon of all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons of bitter cocoa
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl, and mix well;
- Eat immediately or store in the refrigerator.
Preparation time: 5 minutes