Chocolate Cake Recipe Easy from Scratch
If you are looking for a Chocolate Cake Recipe, this is the right place for you: the recipe you will find, in fact, is easy to prepare and delicious, not too sweet and perfect both with and without frosting.
There are a lot of different chocolate cakes you can prepare at home: everything with chocolate is, in fact, loved by everyone and it’s hard to fail.
You can go for an extreme chocolate cake recipe by decorating your chocolate cake with some chocolate frosting or, for a mild one, frosting it with cream cheese so to give the cake a sweeter taste.
The basic element for preparing a simple and delicious chocolate cake is always the same: mix the dry ingredients and the liquid ingredients separately and then work with all of them together. When whisking, you must always be careful to mix them properly from bottom to top so that the mix can incorporate a good amount of air that will help the leavening and growth of the cake in the cooking phase.
In place of milk, I use low-fat yogurt that helps the leavening of the cake and makes it soft; balancing the presence of yogurt with sugar, which should not be added in excessive quantities, you get a not too sweet chocolate cake, with a bit of acid and that goes very well with the frosting.
Here is my perfect and simple Chocolate Cake Recipe, you can prepare by using good dark chocolate or also the remaining Easter dark chocolate eggs
Chocolate Cake Ingredients for for a 22-24 cm pan
- Chop the chocolate and melt in a bain-marie. Once melted, let it cool down;
- Whip the butter together with the sugar to create a frothy cream. Continuing to mix at low speed with a planetary or a whisk, add one egg at a time, being careful to incorporate it correctly to the butter cream. Add the yogurt;
- Also add the melted chocolate, continuing to beat until it is completely blended with the mixture;
- In a separate bowl, sift flour and baking powder and add it to the liquid mixture. Mix well with a spatula, from bottom to top;
- Pour the mixture into a buttered and floured 22-24 cm diameter cake tin (for greater precaution, line the bottom with parchment paper). Bake in preheated oven at 180° C for about 40-45 minutes or until the toothpick test it will not come out completely dry;
- Remove from the oven, let the cake cool in the baking pan then, once cold, remove from the tin and cut in half so as to obtain two discs of the same diameter (and possibly of the same height);
- Prepare a chocolate frosting by melting the chocolate in a bain-marie and, once melted and warm, add it to a cream obtained by whisking butter and powdered sugar.
- Cover with the chocolate frosting the top of one of the two cake disks, cover with the other and eventually sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Chocolate Cake Instructions
- 200 grams of dark chocolate
- 150 grams of sugar
- 16 grams of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of vinegar
- 3 tablespoons low-fat yogurt
- 6 eggs
- A pinch of salt
- 150 grams of all-purpose flour
- 125 grams of softened butter
- 125 grams of powdered sugar
- 150 grams of dark chocolate
- 200 grams of butter
Chocolate Cake notes
Preparation time: 45 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
Total time: 1.5 hours
More tips for your perfect Chocolate Cake Recipe
- To give color to your cake, you can use a white frosting cream cheese: whisk 100 grams of softened butter with 230 grams of cream cheese spread, 220 grams of powdered sugar and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract and follow the same directions of chocolate frosting;
- To obtain a 4-layer cake, you must replicate the same recipe in the same quantities to prepare a new cake of the same size that you will then cut into two discs. Once you have 4 discs from the 2 cakes, you will only have to stack them and stuff them in the middle as you like;
- You can cover your cake with further chocolate frosting: prepare further frosting by following the same doses and the same procedure and use it to cover the surface of the cake;
- You can also avoid the frosting and melt the chocolate in the milk and then, once warm, pour it on the cake; the same chocolate can be used to fill the inside of the cake if you want to avoid the “dry” effect of the frosting and you prefer a softer and more liquid filling;
- You can also avoid dividing your cake in half and leave it whole, sprinkle with icing sugar and serve it with vanilla ice cream or cover it with chocolate cream or cream cheese;
- In case your chocolate cake is too dry after cooking, prepare a syrup made with water and sugar and after having pierced the surface of the cake with a toothpick pour the syrup near the holes to get it inside the cake;
- This chocolate cake is kept for up to 4 days if it does not contain creams, out of the refrigerator under a bell. If instead it is filled with chocolate or cheese cream, it should be stored in the refrigerator where it can last a maximum of 3 days remembering to take it out a few minutes before serving.