Chocolate chip cookies recipe, easy and quick
Chocolate chip cookies, how many times have you heard of this recipe? In fact, it is an original American recipe that is handed down from generation to generation. It is so quick and easy to make, that it’s become a culinary symbol of the United States.
The recipe is simple and fast and even if you can buy shop bought mixes to make these cookies by only adding oil and eggs, I recommend you make them from scratch, both for your pockets and especially for your health.
The aim is to prepare crunchy biscuits and this is the reason why pure sodium bicarbonate is used.
The dough of these chocolate cookies can be eaten raw, served alone as a dessert or with ice cream, caramel, melted chocolate and so on. The recipe for the so-called cookie dough is under the recipe of the classic chocolate cookies, so you can choose which one to prepare.
For this reason, the dough can be prepared well in advance, wrapped in foil and placed in the refrigerator and then cooked at a later time. The dough can be kept in the fridge for 2 days.
The only drawback of these cookies is that they only last a maximum of 3 days if placed inside an airtight container otherwise they become too soft and lose flavor.
Chocolate Chip Cookies Ingredients for for 30/35 chocolate chip cookies
- 227 grams (1 cup) salted butter
- 220 grams (1 cup) brown sugar
- 133 grams (⅔ cup) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 300 grams (2⅓ cups plus 1 tablespoon) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon (5 grams) baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 340 grams (2 cups) chocolate chips
Chocolate Chip Cookies Instructions
- Heat the oven to 190°C (356°F);
- Mix flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl;
- Beat the butter with the sugar, the brown sugar and the vanilla extract in another bowl until the mixture is creamy.
- Add the eggs and beat then, continuing to mix, gradually pour over the whole dry mixture;
- Finally, add the chocolate drops;
- Divide the dough into two loaves and make sausages with a diameter of about 5 cm. Cut the sausage into round biscuits about 2 cm in height;
- Place on a low pan (not greased or buttered) and bake at 190°C/356°F for 9-11 minutes.
- Serve cold.
Chocolate Chip Cookies notes
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
Tips for perfect chocolate chips cookies
- If you want to get the most out of your chocolate chips cookies recipe, here’s some tips:
- Always use salted butter: it may sound crazy but trust me, your cookies will be amazingly good and they will have a perfect taste;
- Beat your eggs slowly: this will allow the batter not to be airy and your cookies won’t be fluffy;
- When in doubt, add a little flour to the dough so to make sure your cookies will be of your desired texture;
- Always use dark chocolate chips so to avoid your cookies being too sweet;
- Always use baking soda and not baking powder: your cookies will become too chewy with the powder. Instead, work the flour and the other ingredients so that the result will be perfectly crunchy cookies on the outside and a bit chewy on the inside;
- For an even better result, place your cookie dough in the refrigerator for about 24 hours before shaping and baking;
- Add a tablespoon of powdered milk for an extra-chewy cookie;
- If you want crispy cookies, use more white sugar than brown;
- Use more brown sugar than white for a more rustic and caramel-y flavor;
- Love bold flavors? Sprinkle your cookies with salt;
- I prefer to cream the butter but another way to give a chewy texture to your cookies, is by melting your butter and once melted let it cool before mixing with the other ingredients.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Recipe at home
If you decide to try to prepare the cookie dough, aka the chocolate cookie dough to eat raw, you will be in for a treat. If you are worried about any diseases resulting from raw egg intake, I have the perfect solution: eliminate eggs and slightly increase the amount of butter. The purpose is to create a soft dough so it is necessary not to overdo the flour. Once ready, the dough should be kept in the fridge, in a small bowl or after giving it the shape of balls, and can be consumed within a maximum of 2 days.
To make your chocolate chip cookie dough you’ve to mix in a bowl granulated sugar, brown sugar, butter, chocolate chips, a bit of water, a little bit of salt and a teaspoon of vanilla extract. Your cookie dough is ready to be eaten or stored in the refrigerator.