Cinnamon rolls with puff pastry and icing
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning we may receive a small commission at no cost for you, if you purchase through these links.
What do you do when you have a craving for sugar? I bake simple things like these cinnamon rolls with a simple and quick recipe where I use puff pastry!
Yes, I know this is not exactly what you expect from a cinnamon swirl or roll (you’re thinking about Cinnabun right?) but this version is so simple and nice it can easily become an addiction. Don’t you agree? Make these cinnamon rolls and have fun!
What you need for 15 cinnamon rolls
For the rolls
2 sheets puff pastry
Packed brown sugar (how much you think it’s necessary)
Ground cinnamon (according to your taste)
For the icing
How to make the puff pastry cinnamon rolls
1. Preheat the oven to 400° F or 250° C.
2. Unfold the puff pastry onto a clean work surface and spread the surface of the pastry with the melted sugar.
3. Spread the brown sugar in a thin layer over the pastry then sprinkle the cinnamon as well and press down lightly.
4. Roll up and cut into 7-8 pieces. Repeat with the other pastry. Put the pieces into the baking pan.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the pastry will be golden and puffed.
6. Make the icing mixing together all the ingredients until a bit thick. Drizzle the icing over the rolls, let them rest and serve.
Preparation time: 30 minutes