Swirled Brownie Cheesecake Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning we may receive a small commission at no cost if you purchase through a link.
Brownie Cheesecake, the combination of two delicious desserts in one cake that can be prepared both in summer and winter and it is ideal as a sweet snack but also for serving a dessert different from the usual.
The peculiarity of thisBrownie Cheesecake is a creamy and soft cake and cream cover, sweet but not too much because of the cream cheese that counteracts the sweetness of chocolate. It is an American cake (American Graffiti, do you recognize it?) that is therefore not characterized by lightness but certainly by the simplicity of the preparation; you will notice the presence of cream that is indispensable to further bond the various ingredients, adding fat to the mix.
Follow the recipe below and keep reading because there are many tips for you to prepare a cheesecake brownies with flakes, just like the Americans do!
Brownie Cheesecake: ingredients for a medium pan (16 bars)
150 grams of unsalted butter
300 grams of dark chocolate
215 grams of sugar
225 grams of plain flour
65 grams of cream
250 grams of spreadable cheese at room temperature
Brownie Cheesecake: recipe
- Heat the oven at 180° and grind a 20cm squared baking tray then cover it with baking paper so it adheres well.
- Dissolve chocolate with butter in a low flame and a non-stick pan stirring constantly, for about 5 minutes or until the two ingredients are completely melted. Remove from heat and let it cool for about 5 minutes.
- Beat two eggs in a bowl and add them together with 140 grams of sugar to the chocolate mix.
- Also add the cream and the flour mixing for good so that you will have a perfect mix.
- Scrape the spreadable cheese with the remaining sugar then add an egg and beat again to mix well.
- Pour the two dough into the baking tray by alternating them so that a white layer and a dark layer are formed and being sure you will finish with the clear layer. Bake for about 30 minutes at 180° or until inserting a toothpick this does not come out dry or slightly moist.
Preparation time: 40 minutes
All you have to know to make an excellent brownie cheesecake
How do I mix the cream so harmoniously and so that the strips of color are formed?
The secret is to alternate the two layers of mix to form the so-called “swirl”, using a fork that will allow the two compounds to melt and give rise to a biconvex compound.
Can I replace cream? Can I avoid it?
Basically, the cream can be replaced with another fat element just to aid the compactness of the cake. Ideally, the best substitute is condensed milk but the presence of this ingredient could compromise the final taste.
Can I use another type of cheese instead of spreadable cheese?
Sure! Instead of spreading cheese, you can choose ricotta by taking care to drain it more than otherwise the liquid may alter the consistency of the cake.
Can I add more ingredients?
You can prepare as many combinations as possible! Surely among the best and cheerful you find strawberries and chocolate, mint and chocolate, but also hazelnuts and dried fruits. Click here for an interesting recipe. Additional ingredients are added to the cream and will contribute not only to the flavor but also to the color of your cheesecake brownie.
What if I want a fudgy layer?
Just increase the doses of the liquid ingredients and decrease the doses of the dry ingredients: in this case decrease the amount of flour, increase the eggs and add more butter.
How much time do I have to wait to eat these cheesecake brownies?
If it is true that preparation only takes 40 minutes, I usually wait at least 3-4 hours before cutting and eating the cake. In this way the cream will be cooled and firmed up well and cutting the pie won’t be difficult.