Panettone French Toast
Panettone French Toast is a quick and tasty recipe to use the leftover Italian panettone (or every Christmas cake) for a brunch, a breakfast or as a snack. It is a very easy recipe that can be customised by adding ingredients, serving French Toast with fruit or cream and so on.
It is a recipe that does not require any kind of commitment but that must be prepared and tasted otherwise the toast lose flavor and consistency.
Little secrets to preparing a perfect panettone French toast:
- The slices of Christmas cake should not be too thick otherwise the liquid will not be able to be absorbed and at the time of frying the cake will become impregnated with fat;
- Do not add sugar otherwise the toast will be too cloying and sweet;
- The three ingredients of the liquid mix must be mixed to perfection so as to blend and not prevail over each other;
- Cook the toast over medium heat to prevent it from burning over high heat or taking too much time, and so absorb too much fat, too low flame.
Discover now the recipe of French Toast panettone, very simple and delicious: your home will have a delicious smell!
Ingredients for 1 portion
- 2 slices of panettone or Christmas cake
- 250 ml milk
- 2 eggs
- Unsalted butter
- Whisk milk, eggs and cinnamon for good.
- Melt some butter in a non-stick pan and in the meantime soak a slice of cake inside the liquid mixture.
- When the butter is melted, put the cake in the pan and let it brown over medium heat, turning it when needed. Repeat the same operation with the second slice.
- Remove from the pan, drain on a sheet of absorbent paper and sprinkle with powdered sugar. Serve alone or with jam, hazelnut cream or chocolate cream.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
[Pics by Giuseppe]