New Year’s Eve 2024/2025 in Dublin: Useful Information
- New Year’s in Dublin: What’s Going On
- New Year’s Eve in Dublin: Events and More
- 1st January in Dublin: Events and More
- Where to sleep in Dublin for New Year’s Eve
- How to organize your New Year’s Eve in Dublin
- Is it worth spending New Year’s Eve in Dublin?
- Travel to Ireland: a few resources for you
- Best Ireland Travel Guides
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning we may receive a small commission at no cost for you, if you purchase through these links.
Spending New Year’s Eve in Dublin is considered one of the funniest and most bizarre things to do: the proverbial desire to have the fun of the Irish is unleashed to the full on December 31, but unlike other European cities, many are the Irish who choose to escape from Dublin, leaving New Year’s Eve in Dublin to tourists who flock to the city. So do not be surprised to find swarms of tourists on every corner: Dublin is left in the hands of tourists while the Irish tend to leave the city or to celebrate at home or in their local pubs to avoid chaos and crowds. In this guide, I’ll give you all the information you need to plan your New Year’s Eve trip to Dublin.
If you need to organize your trip to Dublin and Ireland and are looking for local support directly from Ireland, get in touch with us.
New Year’s in Dublin: What’s Going On
For New Year’s Eve 2025, a party will be organized in Dublin. A lot of events are set to take place over two days in the heart of the city on the 31st of December and the 1st of January.
New Year’s Eve in Dublin: Events and More
On New Year’s Eve, a host of Irish musicians and DJs will perform live across six stages along North Wall Quay, where the Festival Village will serve up fabulous food and feature artisan stalls.
Two midnight-moment countdown events will kick off with a family-friendly matinee show on December 31 from 4 p.m., with the evening show starting at 8 p.m.
These Brighter Futures Midnight Moment events will welcome 2025 in fantastic fashion. They will include an excellent visual and musical display featuring original music – The Rhythm of the Irish – created especially for the event to showcase the unique beat and feeling only found in Ireland.
Irish band Westlife has been announced as the headline act for the festival, performing in the brand-new Festival Village on New Year’s Eve with special guests Gavin James and Lyra.
Tickets for the NYF Dublin Festival Village and the Midnight Moment events are available on the official site.
1st January in Dublin: Events and More
The celebrations and festivities will continue on New Year’s Day with an afternoon of live music in Temple Bar, the cultural heart of Dublin City.
Here, in these cobblestoned streets, there will also be interactive artwork displays and street performances with an upbeat ambiance that will capture the New Year mood.
Dublin’s special Resolution Tree will be back in Meeting House Square, allowing people to write their hopes for the year on compostable tags and tie them to the tree. After the festival, the tags will be processed into compost, which will be used to plant a real tree.
Where to sleep in Dublin for New Year’s Eve
The prices in Dublin are crazy all year round, but New Year is one of those periods, along with St. Patrick on March 17, during which they rise even more. Once you’ve booked the flight, the most important thing to do is to find accommodation. Where to sleep in Dublin for New Year’s Eve? The choice of hotels, holiday homes, and bed and breakfasts are huge: the more central you decide to stay, the higher the prices, and the availability can be scarce. These are our advice on areas where to stay in Dublin on New Year’s Eve, easy to reach by taxi and also by foot:
- Smithfield: it’s quickly becoming one of the city’s most beautiful areas, and it is convenient to get to the city by Luas (the metro), and there are a couple of exciting alternatives to sleeping in. Be careful in the evening if you’re on foot;
- Sandymount: located in the south of Dublin, seaside area. A residential neighborhood with lots of B&BS and accommodations;
- Ballsbridge: like Sandymount, slightly closer to the center;
- Grand Canal: the new area of Dublin is ideal for staying in a quiet area not far from the center. Very high prices.
How to organize your New Year’s Eve in Dublin
- Wear layers: The weather can change from one minute to the next and can be very unpredictable. The Irish sky often changes the tone, and you’ll need lots of layers to avoid suffering from the cold or heat. Take a waterproof coat, even in summer, and avoid umbrellas.
- Public transport: If you want to use public transport, get yourself a Leap Card for Visitors (you can buy these at the airport), load it up, and use it for all your trips in Dublin and also in metropolitan zones;
- Attractions: If you intend to visit lots of attractions, get hold of a Dublin Pass, which gives you access to attractions at a discounted price or lets you jump the queue (very useful at the Guinness Storehouse), and you can use the Hop On Hop Off bus to go from one place to another in the city.
- Planning: Plan your visits by taking into account long queues and changes in opening and closing times. Read this article and find ideas and plan things to see in Dublin if it’s your first time in the city.
Is it worth spending New Year’s Eve in Dublin?
Dublin is undoubtedly the ideal destination for those seeking fun on New Year’s Eve, but for the same reason, it can become chaotic and complex.
Even visiting the surroundings during the New Year period could be difficult, given the presence of so many tourists. So Dublin really is an ideal destination for New Year’s Eve, but it is not a suitable destination for everyone, especially those looking for a bit of true Irish spirit.
Travel to Ireland: a few resources for you
If you’re planning to book a giveaway to Ireland, these are a few resources we recommend:
Book your flights with Booking. Compare prices to find your ideal flight.
Use Booking.com for hotel reservations. Check prices, and reviews to identify the best hotel.
Buy your SIM in advance through Airalo. With their eSIMs, you can connect instantly upon arrival.
Utilize DiscoverCars for car rental prices. Find the best deal for your travel needs. An easy solution.
Insure your trip with SafetyWing. It's an easy way to ensure your safety while traveling. Secure your journey.
Best Ireland Travel Guides
If you want to plan your trip to Ireland, these are the travel guides we recommend:
Get in touch with us for customized tours, travel tips, itineraries, and everything you need for your trip to Ireland: no one better than those who live on-site can advise you and make you experience Ireland like a real local.
[This post contains affiliate links, which means that we may receive a small commission, at no cost, if you make a purchase through a link.]