Mushroom risotto – Simple and original Italian recipe
Mushroom risotto means autumn and winter. A good mushroom risotto is what you need when you want to celebrate something or when you want to feel warm and make your friends and family feel loved. You do not need any special ingredient or skills: just good mushrooms, a good rice and some patience to prepare this easy and quick mushroom risotto with my very Italian recipe.
The risotto was born in Lombardy and Piedmont and it is now one of the most exported Italian recipes hanks to the variety of ingredients that can be used and to its versatility.
What’s the best rice to use for risotto?
Arborio, Vialone Nano or Carnaroli are recommended because they cook very well and have a great absorption capacity.
Mushroom risotto: ingredients for 4 people
250g fresh wild mushroom
1 medium onion finely chopped
Broth, either meat or vegetable, preferably homemade
100g freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Mushroom risotto: recipe
1. Trim off the roots from the mushroom, clean off any dirt and dice them.
2. Sauté the onion over gentle heat in a nob of butter. After a few minutes add the mushrooms while raising the heat a little bit.
3. Once the liquid has cooked off, add the rice. Then add a splash of white wine and let that cook off.
4. Over medium heat, start adding the broth, ladle by ladle, letting each ladleful cook off before adding the rest.
5. When the rice is done, take it off the heat, add the grated cheese and, if you like a richer risotto, another nob of butter (the so-called “mantecatura” to give your risotto a creamy texture.) Serve your risotto immediately.
Preparation time: 30 minute
[Pic by Giuseppe Milo]