Michelin Star Restaurants in Italy – Full List 2021
Michelin Star Restaurants in Italy: full list for 2021!
Planning a trip to Italy and interested in eating in one of the many Michelin Stars Restaurants scattered all over the Peninsula? Then you may want to know what are the most starred restaurants in Italy, the Michelin Star Restaurants in Italy, to plan your trip in the best possible way.
Well, keep reading because we have the full list with the best restaurants in Italy in 2021 ready for you!
You may also be interested in the rules to eat in Italy like an Italian so to be ready for your culinary experience!
- 1 Best Restaurants in Italy: A Few Numbers
- 2 What Are the Michelin Star Restaurants in Italy?
- 3 Michelin Star Restaurants in Italy by Region
- 4 Italy’s Michelin Bib Gourmand List
- 5 Booking a Michelin Star Restaurants in Italy
Best Restaurants in Italy: A Few Numbers
In 2021, Italy has been awarded 371 Michelin restaurants, which means Italy is the second country in the world for Michelin restaurants.
There are 3 restaurants less compared to the Michelin Stars in 2020: 11 with three stars, 37 with two stars, and 323 with one star.
19 Michelin Star Restaurants in Italy have decided not to reopen in 2021, that’s why they have been removed from the guide, including Combal. Zero by Davide Scabin in Rivoli, Trussardi Alla Scala, Lume in Milan, at Porticciolo 84 in Lecco, Umami in Andria.
Lombardy remains the most starred region in Italy, followed by Piedmont and Campania. Among the provinces, Naples is always at the top with 28 restaurants, Rome confirms the second position with 23, Milan slips from third to fifth place with 17 restaurants, behind Bolzano with 20, and Cuneo with 19.
The Michelin Guide 2021 overview:
- 1 star: 232 restaurants (26 new)
- 2 stars: 37 restaurants (3 new)
- 3 stars: 11 restaurants
What Are the Michelin Star Restaurants in Italy?
Here you have the list of the newly awarded restaurants. At the end of the list, which includes only the new ones, you can find the full list to plan your trip to Italy in the most delicious way.
3 Michelin Star Restaurants in Italy
- Piazza Duomo Alba, Cuneo, Piemonte Region
- Da Vittorio Brusaporto, Bergamo, Lombardia Region
- St. Hubertus, San Cassiano, Bolzano, Trentino Alto Adige Region
- Le Calandre Rubano, Padova, Veneto Region
- Dal Pescatore Canneto Sull’Oglio, Mantua, Lombardia Region
- Osteria Francescana, Modena, Emilia Romagna Region
- Enoteca Pinchiorri Florence, Tuscany Region
- La Pergola Rome, Lazio Region
- Reale Castel di Sangro, Aquila, Abruzzo Region
- Mauro Uliassi Senigallia, Ancona, Marche Region
- Enrico Bartolini MUDEC Milan, Lombardia Region
The New 2 Michelin Star Restaurants in Italy
- Harry’s Piccolo, Trieste, Friuli Venezia Giulia Region
- Santa Elisabetta, Florence, Tuscany Region
- D’O, San Pietro all’Olmo, Cornaredo (Milan), Lombardia Region
The new 1 Michelin Star Restaurants in Italy
- Don Alfonso 1890 San Barbato Donato De Leonardis Lavello (PZ)
- Relais Blu Alberto Annarumma Massa Lubrense / Termini (NA)
- Re Santi e Leoni Luigi Salomone Nola (NA)
- Lorelei Ciro Sicignano Sorrento (NA)
- Osteria del Povero Diavolo Giuseppe Gasperoni Torriana (RN)
- Zia Antonio Ziantoni Roma
- Essenza Simone Nardoni Terracina (LT)
- Nove Giorgio Servetto Alassio (SV)
- Impronta D’Acqua Ivan Maniago Cavi di Lavagna (GE)
- Kitchen Andrea Casali Como
- AALTO Takeshi Iwai Milano
- Borgo Sant’Anna Pasquale Laera Monforte d’Alba (CN)
- Piano 35 Christian Balzo Torino
- Casa Sgarra Felice Sgarra Trani (BT)
- Poggio Rosso Juan Camilo Quintero Castelnuovo Berardenga (SI)
- Gabbiano 3.0 Alessandro Rossi Marina di Grosseto (GR)
- Franco Mare Alessandro Ferrarini Marina di Pietrasanta (LU)
- Sala dei Grappoli Domenico Francone Montalcino / Poggio alle Mura (SI)
- Linfa Vincenzo Martella San Gimignano (SI)
- Peter Brunel Restaurant Gourmet Peter Brunel Arco (TN)
- Prezioso Egon Heiss Merano (BZ)
- Senso Alfio Ghezzi Mart Alfio Ghezzi Rovereto (TN)
- Vecchio Ristoro Filippo Oggioni Aosta
- SanBrite Riccardo Gaspari Cortina d’Ampezzo (BL)
- La Cru Giacomo Sacchetto Romagnano (VR)
- Amistà Mattia Bianchi San Pietro in Cariano (VR)
Michelin Star Restaurants in Italy by Region
How to read the charts:
Località = City
Prov = County or Region
Stelle = Number of Michelin Stars
Locale= Name of the restaurant
Italy’s Michelin Bib Gourmand List
The Bib Gourmand is a recognition for informal places able to offer a pleasant gastronomic experience, with a complete menu for less than €35. For 2021, this award has been given to 252 restaurants in Italy, 11 of which are new.
Booking a Michelin Star Restaurants in Italy
The official Michelin Guide Website works as a search engine for the Michelin Restaurants in Italy and allows you to choose a restaurant according to tastes, occasions, budget. Each restaurant has a detailed description. Furthermore, the site contains an editorial section with restaurants, preview news, and itineraries reported by inspectors.