Tiramisù Authentic Italian Recipe
The tiramisù is one of the most important dessert we have in Italy; we should say it’s Italy and nobody should have doubts about it. I’m always scared when I read tiramisù on a restaurant’s menu if not in Italy because it’s usually different from the original and it’s not as good as we use to make it. Here my very Italian and original recipe, nothing difficult or strange but always a pleasure.
History of the Tiramisù
The origins of the tiramisù are still unclear and the cake is attributed to Tuscany, Piedmont and Veneto as well as the legends about the birth of this cake are many: according to the official version the creation of tiramisu was in the 17th century when some confectioners in Siena, in anticipation of the arrival of the Grand Duke of Tuscany Cosimo de Medici, decided to make a cake to celebrate his greatness. They decided that the cake had to reflect the personality of the Grand Duke and Cosimop loved so much the cake he decided to brought the recipe with him in Florence making it known throughout Italy.
Does it contain spirits?
Some people use also liqueur to give the coffee a different flavor but the original tiramisù doesn’t include any booze in it to make the coffee the main ingredient.
Ingredients for 6 servings
For the base
- 400 grams of savoiardi (ladyfingers)
- a bowl of coffee
- unsweetened cocoa powder
For the cream
- 500 grams of mascarpone cheese
- 3 eggs
- 5 tablespoon of sugar
- Prepare your coffee and leave it to rest in a bowl.
- Prepare the mascarpone cream using this recipe.
- Wet the savoiardi in the coffee and put them into the pan to cover it then cover the soaked biscuits with a layer of mascarpone cream and sprinkle with a layer of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Put your tiramisù into the fridge and leave there to rest for at least 3 hours. Serve with a cup of espresso coffee.
Preparation time: 1 hour
Cooking time: 0 minutes
Total time: 1 hour
Tiramisù Video Recipe
[Pic by Giuseppe]
If you want more information about it use the search engine!
[Pic by Giuseppe]