French toast roll ups with strawberries and Nutella
Strawberries and Nutella cream is a perfect combination and, as soon as you get over the idea of the calories, you can really enjoy using these 2 ingredients for different kind of dishes. Just as an example, if you don’t have enough time but you want to do something tremendously good you can try these french toast rolls with strawberries and Nutella also called french toast roll ups.
They’re basically bread rolls filled with Nutella or chocolate cream and strawberries (or any kind of berries), dipped into the eggs and then deep fried in butter yes, nothing really light but the pleasure of eating these rolls is unbeatable and I’m sure they will soon become your favorite treat for any day of the week.
Give the exact dose is impossible because everything depends on the amount of Nutella and strawberries you want to use and also on how many people have to eat. Be creative and make your mind and your own recipe using the following ingredients and instructions.
What you need to make french toast rolls with strawberries and Nutella
White sandwich bread (you can also use the big ones to make a big roll)
Nutella or chocolate cream
Powdered sugar (icing sugar)
Granulated sugar, divided
How to make french toast rolls with strawberries and Nutella
1. Rinse, hull and roughly chop the strawberries. Flatten the bread with a rolling pin and trim off the crusts.
2. Spread the chocolate cream on the bread. Top with the strawberries. Roll up the bread around the strawberries and chocolate.
3. Whisk the eggs with the milk and the sugar.
4. Add a bit of butter in a nonstick pan.
5. Coat the rolls in the egg mixture and place into the pan seam side down. When browned, turn a quarter turn and continue until all sides are cooked and browned.
6. Remove to a plate, dust with powdered sugar and top with more strawberries.
Enjoy and be happy! 🙂
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Advices for a perfect roll up
1. Try to flatten the bread the more you can to make it thin and elastic;
2. Pay attention not to burn the butter otherwise your roll will be smoked. If you’re afraid of the butter, just use a neutral vegetable oil with an high burn point;
3. Use only egg yolks and not whites for a better result;
4. Preheat the skillet for your rolls so they will cook quickly and perfectly
5. You can fill your roll accordingly to your tastes: add cream cheese, mascarpone cheese, other types of berries. Everything you like, basically remembering the beauty of this dish is the fact that it’s simply luscious!