Cooked vegetable salad with hazelnuts
If you’re looking for a different recipe to bring vegetables to the table, make a cooked vegetable salad and add some hazelnuts to it. This recipe is ideal for autumn and winter thanks to the presence of hazelnuts and seasonal vegetables and can be a good idea for Christmas, if you want to cook something different.
This cooked vegetable salad is not only special in its name and preparation but also the end result is very interesting and the reason is easy to be said: despite the obvious presence of vegetables, it also contains fruit while both the soy sauce and the hazelnuts complete enrich it.
Remember that soy sauce is not gluten free so if you are making this dish for a celiac or a gluten intolerant person you must use gluten-free soy sauce.
The vegetables I’ve chosen can be pretty seasonal so if you decide to prepare this cooked vegetable salad, remember that you may change the vegetables used or just buy exported ones; you can also substitute them by paying attention to balancing the flavors.
Always keep a crisp element to make sure the dish is balanced: the apples work perfectly in any season and make the dish harmonious and complete.
Learn how to prepare this cooked vegetable salad with hazelnut and have fun experimenting.
Ingredients for 4 people
- 2 medium sized peppers
- 2 medium sized eggplants
- 2 zucchini
- 4 carrots
- 2 red apples rosse
- 1 lettuce heart
- 4 glasses of orange juice
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce di salsa di soia
- Grounded hazelnuts
- Sesame seeds
- Salt to the need
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- Cut the vegetables and the fruit except for the tomatoes, salt and leave to marinate for 10 minutes in the orange juice along with hazelnuts and sesame seeds.
- After ten minutes, warm up a large enough non-stick frying pan and pour all the vegetables into it with a bit of marinade and cook for about 10-12 minutes so that they are cooked but still crispy.
- Add the marinade if while cooking the vegetables and the fruit are drying too much.
- At the end of cooking add the soy sauce, stir well and add more salt if necessary.
- Serve by adding more grounded hazelnuts, sesame seeds and the cherry tomatoe.
- Serve hot or lukewarm.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
[Pics by Giuseppe Milo]