Cold pasta salad with salmon
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning we may receive a small commission at no cost if you purchase through a link.
Pasta doesn’t always have to be hot and on summertime a great alternative to the classical pasta dishes is the cold version; that’s why instead of thinking of a normal pasta with salmon you need to start thinking about a easy salmon pasta salad with rocket and tomatoes, ideal to be carried on to the beach, at work or at the park.
You only need to use fresh salmon to be grilled with some lemon and nothing else: just use good cherry tomatoes and some rocket to give your pasta a kick. I also use some chia seeds to give my pasta salad some color and also make it even more healthy.
Cold pasta salad with salmon: ingredients for 4 people
320 grams of pasta
300 grams of salmon
Black pitted olives
Extra virgin olive oil
Cold pasta salad with salmon: recipe
- Brush the salmon with the juice of 2 lemons, season with salt and pepper and place it on a pan for about 10 minutes turning at least a couple of times. Transfer the salmon to a serving bowl, chop it and then let it cool.
- Cook the pasta in salted water following the instructions on the packet. By the time the pasta is cooking, chop the tomatoes and the rocket and season with salt, oil and pepper.
- Drain the pasta al dente, let it cool for a bit on a baking tray and put it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Take the pasta pit of the fridge and add the salmon, the rocket and the tomatoes. Taste and season your pasta with salt if necessary and let it refrigerate again.
- Pull your pasta salad out of the refrigerator 30 minutes before serving and add a little bit of lemon juice and the chia seeds before serving.
Preparation time: 20 minutes + cooling time
How to make a perfect cold pasta salad
- Always use pasta of a good quality because it won’t overcook (more tips on how to cook your pasta here)
- Once drained, place your pasta in a pan lined with oven paper and let it cool down at a room temperature.
- Add your seasoning and all your ingredients only after the pasta has been into the fridge for at least 30 minutes so it’s ready to absorb everything and every excess of water has gone.
[Pics by Giuseppe]