Christmas Cake Truffles
The Christmas Cake Truffles are one of the best ways to use your leftover Christmas cake and to bring to the table a unique dessert, one that both young and adults will love.
They can also be considered Christmas Cake Pops without the stick but if you want you can add a lollipop stick and they become perfect for a party.
There are thousands of recipes to make these Christmas Cake truffles: you can use the basic one and then cover it with dark chocolate, white chocolate, candy melts, nuts and so on.
Make sure you let the truffle rest in the fridge for a while so that they will settle for good.
Once made, they last for a long time, 3 months or so, in the fridge; you should notice some white stripes into the chocolate because of the reaction with the cold.
Use your leftover Christmas cake and make these Christmas Cake Truffles; easy to make, they’re like Christmas Cake Pops but without a stick.
Ingredients for 50
- 1 slice of Christmas cake
- 30 ml milk
- 1 dark chocolate bar
- Crumble the cake coarsely with your hands.
- Add the milk gradually, making sure that the mixture is not too runny.
- Roll the truffles between your palms and chill for 30 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate in a bain-marie or in the microwave.
- Soak the truffles in the chocolate.
- Decorate to taste (almonds, funfetti, etc).
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and refrigerate for a few hours.
Preparation time: 1 hour + refrigeration
[Pics by Giuseppe]