9 Best Ice Cream Maker for 2022
Who doesn’t love ice cream? Especially during the hot summer days when ice cream will cool you and your family down. But, to go and buy it every time you are in the mood for ice cream isn’t always ideal, and not everyone has money to buy it all the time.
But, we have a solution for you. Buying an ice cream maker. Then, you can make ice cream whenever you want. Even during the winter if you feel like it. The only thing is that you need to know what maker you should buy. There are many different ones on the market, and you want to make sure that you buy one that is easy to use and that will give you value for money. This is everything you need to know about buying the best ice cream makers on the market.
- What Is an Ice Cream Maker?
- What Does an Ice Cream Maker Do?
- What to Consider When Buying an Ice Cream Maker
10 Best Ice Cream Makers for Home Use
- 1. Whynter ICM-200LS Automatic Ice Cream Maker
- 2. Yonanas Classic Original Healthy Dessert Fruit Soft Serve Maker
- 3. Cuisinart ICE-70 Electronic Ice Cream Maker
- 4. Cuisinart 1.5 Quart Frozen Yogurt ICE-21P1 Ice Cream Maker
- 5. Cuisinart ICE-100 Compressor Ice Cream and Gelato Maker
- 6. Nostalgia Electric Bucket Ice Cream Maker With Easy-Carry Handle
- 7. Maxi-Matic EIM-1400R Automatic Electric Maker
- 8. Cuisinart ICE-45P1 Mix Serve 1.5-Quart Soft Service Ice Cream Maker
- 9. Hamilton Beach 68330N Automatic Ice Cream Maker
- 10. Lello 4080 Musso Lussino 1.5-Quart Ice Cream Maker
- Ice Cream Maker: FAQs
What Is an Ice Cream Maker?
There are two different basic ice cream makers. The one is for industrial ice cream making, which we can’t have in our kitchens. Then, there is the household maker. These are smaller, compact, and can be easily used in any kitchen.
The maker is designed specifically to freeze and mix the ice cream regularly to make ice cream. The machine uses electricity to turn ingredients into ice cream in an hour or so.
What Does an Ice Cream Maker Do?
To know what an ice cream maker does, you need to know how ice cream is made. It isn’t just mixing a couple of ingredients and freezing it until it’s frozen when it comes to ice cream. The ingredients separate from each other and will taste bad after freezing. Instead, you need to freeze the ingredients while it is stirred.
And, this is what the ice cream maker does. Stirring the ingredients while it’s freezing. Making real ice cream without the ingredients getting separated during the freezing process. With cheaper makers, you need to freeze the container that the ingredients are mixed in, while the more expensive ones are freezing while stirring. No pre-freezing is required.
What to Consider When Buying an Ice Cream Maker
When you are buying an ice cream maker, you need to make sure that you consider all the aspects and features. There are a huge variety of makers, some more expensive than others. With this buying guide, you will find and buy the maker that will be best for you and your family. These are the top things to consider when buying your first maker.
- The technology the maker is using to freeze and stir the ingredients. In other words, how easy it is to make the ice cream in the machine. Do you want the traditional technology or the new advanced technology?
- The size of the ice cream machine. Some machines are just making one serving. Meaning that if you are a large family, it will take forever to make enough ice cream for everyone.
- The price of the machine. What is your budget for buying your ice cream machine? Some machines are affordable, while other machines are costly. But the expensive ones normally are larger with some great features as well.
- The time it takes to make your ice cream. Are you looking for a machine that will make ice cream in just a short while, or doesn’t it matter if the ice cream maker is taking the whole day to make ice cream to perfection?
10 Best Ice Cream Makers for Home Use
It can be frustrating to search for the best ice cream makers on the market. These machines are expensive, and you don’t want to make a mistake in buying one that doesn’t work correctly or that other users don’t recommend. However, you don’t need to worry anymore. These are the 10 best ice cream makers on the market you can choose from.
1. Whynter ICM-200LS Automatic Ice Cream Maker
The Whynter ICM-200LS ice cream maker is an award-winning machine. Made from stainless steel, it doesn’t require pre-freezing and has a built-in timer. The machine might be pricy, but with the number of features and the machine’s price, it is worth it.
This is a maker that is designed to last. The stainless-steel material that the machine is made of has two purposes. The one is to ensure that the machine stays cold for longer, and the other is durability. The 2liter capacity is making sure that this is a great family ice cream maker. It doesn’t just make one serving.
Some of the features that are included with the Whynter includes:
- 2liter capacity container
- Cooling temperature between -0.4ºF to -31ºF
- Easy to use and easy to clean
- Auto shut down for motor protection, LCD timer control, and it has a churn blade.
2. Yonanas Classic Original Healthy Dessert Fruit Soft Serve Maker
Not a real ice cream maker, but the Yonanas classic soft serve maker is for those that want to have a healthy alternative. Also giving you an ice cream like the taste, but with fresh fruit. So you can instantly get frozen fruit soft serve. The best part is that this is affordable and healthy.
You don’t need to add any sugar, fat, or preservatives to get ice cream with this maker. With just your favorite fruit, you will get instant ice cream. The downside is that you can only use fruit, and you should freeze the fruit beforehand. The soft-serve maker isn’t freezing the fruit as well. However, the price is affordable, and anyone can change normal ice cream to something healthy.
Features of the Yonanas Classic soft serve maker:
- Easy to use and to clean
- It comes in three different colors
- It’s perfect for people with diabetes who can’t eat normal ice cream with sugar.
3. Cuisinart ICE-70 Electronic Ice Cream Maker
The Cuisinart ICE-70 is an electronic ice cream maker. Ideal for making your favorite ice cream at home. Making ice cream faster with its different speed options. Made from brushed chrome and is known as a high-quality and durable machine.
With the capacity of 2liter, you can make enough ice cream for the whole family within 20 minutes. With the Cuisinart machine, you can choose between the one with the countdown timer or without the countdown timer. A bit on the expensive side, but it has some great features and good reviews. You can make any ice cream, gelato, or even sorbet with the machine.
Features of the Cuisinart ICE-70:
- LCD screen with a control panel that have three settings
- Different speeds for faster processing time
- Auto shutdown and easy to clean
- 2liter capacity
4. Cuisinart 1.5 Quart Frozen Yogurt ICE-21P1 Ice Cream Maker
Another recommended ice cream maker is the Cuisinart yogurt ice cream maker. This is for those that love yogurt ice cream and wants to make their own at home. This machine comes in a huge variety of different colors and has a capacity of 1,5liter.
One thing that is making this Cuisinart so special is the fact that it has a double-insulated freezer bowl. To ensure that you don’t need to use ice while making the ice cream. The transparent lid makes it easy for you to look at how your ice cream is going along, and the large spout is making it easy to add ingredients while the machine is working. The machine is easy to use and can make yogurt ice cream in just 20 minutes.
The features of the Cuisinart 1.5 Quart Frozen Yogurt ICE-21P1 Ice Cream Maker:
- Same mixing paddles as other Cuisinart ice cream makers to make ice cream within 20 minutes.
- It has a 1,5liter capacity
- The bowl is a double-insulated freezer bowl.
- Different colors available
- Large spout to make adding ingredients to the bowl easier.
5. Cuisinart ICE-100 Compressor Ice Cream and Gelato Maker
This Cuisinart Compressor ice cream maker is luxurious and fully automatic. What is making this machine different is the fact that it has a commercial quality compressor. The downside is that you are paying for the fully automatic and commercial quality compressor because this is an expensive machine.
This ice cream maker has two paddles and not just one like most other makers. This is to ensure to have success with making gelato and creamy ice cream. This one has a 60-minute countdown timer. The longer you are making the ice cream, the better it will taste at the end of the day. You can make gelato, ice cream, and sorbet with this ice cream maker. You don’t need to worry about the ice cream melting the moment that the machine is done. There is a 10minute Keep cool feature to keep the ice cream cold for 10 minutes after the ice cream has been made.
The features of the Cuisinart ICE-100 ice cream maker:
- Fully automatic
- It has a capacity of 1,5 liters
- 2 paddles instead of the 1 every ice cream maker has.
- 60minute countdown timer
6. Nostalgia Electric Bucket Ice Cream Maker With Easy-Carry Handle
If you are looking for a large, interesting looking ice cream maker, you should look at the Nostalgia electric bucket ice cream maker. It has a capacity of 6liter and can make ice cream in a couple of minutes. In addition, the machine is made from real wood, making it look different from all the other machines you can buy.
The Nostalgia comes with a powerful electric motor and is easy to clean. You don’t even have to struggle to find any recipes because a recipe book is included. With the affordable price, the premixtures that you can purchase, and the easiness of making the ice cream, there is no reason not to make your ice cream. Of course, you need to have ice at hand for the machine to work correctly.
Features of the Nostalgia electric bucket:
- Made from real wood
- 6liter capacity
- It has a powerful electric motor that is doing all the work
- The ice cream maker has an easy to carry handle
7. Maxi-Matic EIM-1400R Automatic Electric Maker
The Maxi-Matric electric ice cream maker is ideal for making ice cream at home. Fully automatic, you can make 1,5liter of homemade ice cream in minutes. No salt or other chemicals needed to ensure that the ingredients turn into ice cream.
The bowl is freezable so that you can make and freeze the ice cream in the same bowl. The machine is easy to use and really affordable. Now, you don’t need to pay to enjoy some ice cream. You need to remember that you need to freeze the bowl overnight before making your ice cream. The rest is quick and easy. The ice cream maker is durable and will last years.
Features of the Maxi Matic:
- 1,5liter capacity
- A freezable bowl that stays frozen for a long time.
- Easy to use and just as easy to clean.
- Convenient on and off switch and high-quality paddles
8. Cuisinart ICE-45P1 Mix Serve 1.5-Quart Soft Service Ice Cream Maker
The Cuisinart Ice 45P1 is completely different from all the other ice cream makers you have seen so far. This one will let you think about the ice cream makers you can find at restaurants and ice cream stores. The only difference is the size. It stands on a table, and the bowl needs to be freeze beforehand. The bowl is large enough for 1,5liter ice cream.
The ice cream can be dispensed on cones and cups. Making sure that more people will be able to enjoy your ice cream on a cone. IT also has a front condiment container for small mix-ins to the ice cream like chocolate chips or sprinkles. It even has a cone holder. But this all comes with a price. This is one of the more expensive ice cream makers on the market but will give you value for money.
Features of the Cuisinart ICE-45P1
- Fully automatic ice cream maker
- Double insulated freezer bowl
- 1,5liter capacity
- Ice cream dispenser with cone holder
- Condiment chute for mix-ins
9. Hamilton Beach 68330N Automatic Ice Cream Maker
Another ice cream maker for home use is the Hamilton Beach 68330N Automatic Ice Cream Maker. The machine is fully electric, and it’s sod with a booklet with 20 recipes. You can make anything from gelato, frozen yogurt to sorbet with this machine.
It is easy to operate, and you will have delicious ice cream in just 40 minutes. Not as expensive and easy to use, this is an affordable option.
Features of the Elite gourmet EIM:
- Makes 4 quarts of ice cream, frozen yogurt, or sorbet
- Easy to use and clean
- Electric paddle to stir ice cream constantly.
- Make ice cream in just 40 minutes
10. Lello 4080 Musso Lussino 1.5-Quart Ice Cream Maker
The Lello 4080 ice cream maker is one of the tops and most expensive ones on the market. The whole ice cream maker is made from stainless steel and has a capacity of 1,5liters. Moreover, the maker is fully automatic. With just the press of two buttons and your ice cream is being made.
The mechanic timer is 60 minutes, and the preparation time for making ice cream will be between 30 to 40 minutes. So, you can make anything from gelatos, ice cream, and even frozen drinks with this machine. And, because it cleans easily, you can use it every single day.
Features of the Lello 4080:
- Fully automatic
- Timer controls operations for different types of frozen desserts
- Everything is made from stainless steel
Ice Cream Maker: FAQs
These are some of the frequently asked questions customers are asking about ice cream makers. The more questions you are getting answered, the better it will be for you to decide if this is something that you want to have in your home.
1. How to use an ice cream maker?
It depends on the type of ice cream maker you are buying. Different ice cream makers are offering different instructions on how to make ice cream. However, there is one thing that stays the same. You add the ingredients to the maker, switch it on, and see how the ice cream is being made.
2. How does the ice cream maker work?
All the ice cream makers are working with ice or freezer bowls. The freezer bowls or ice is keeping the ingredients cold and are creating the ice-cold ice cream. The maker is also mixing all the ingredients to ensure that the ingredients don’t separate while freezing. And, within a couple of minutes to an hour or two, you will have the perfect ice cream.
3. How much is an ice cream maker?
Again, it depends on the type of ice cream maker you are buying. Some ice cream makers are going for $50, while others can go up to $700 for one. This is why you need to make sure that you know your budget before you start looking for your ice cream maker.
With this guide, you will know for sure that you will have delicious homemade ice cream. You will not regret buying an ice cream maker that isn’t high in quality and that you can’t use all the time. Knowing all the features, you will know which one you should consider without compromising the quality. Why not surprise everyone at home with your own homemade ice cream.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links, which means that we may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link.